How do you make healthy food choices when you are busy with work or traveling? Unfortunately prepackaged snacks in stores such as bars, shakes or sandwiches generally have far more calories, fat, sodium and the other ingredients like artificial flavors, sweeteners and things that provide very little nutritional value.
The best way to make healthy food choices during your busy days is “being prepared”.
Invest the time in yourself and pack some snack ahead so you can grab them whenever you are hungry. Here are a few healthy snack ideas which satisfy your hunger and give you long-lasting energy. And they are delicious!
- Fresh fruit salad with Greek yogurt topped with cinnamon or honey
- Apple or pear with 1 tbs nut butter
- Handful (1/4 cup) of raw unsalted nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios, peanuts etc.)
- Cut up veggies (carrot, capsicum, celery, radish, cucumber…) with hummus, cottage cheese, avocado dip or ricotta
- Bacon and egg muffin
- Turkey muffin
- Slice of wholemeal bread with nut butter and half of banana or berries
- Slice of wholemeal bread with cottage cheese/ricotta, avocado and tomato
- 1 cup of chocolate avocado pudding
- Kale chips
- Raw chocolate truffle
- Coconut ball
- Green juice (spinach, apple, banana, chia seeds etc.)
- Slice of ricotta and veggie cake
- Dates stuffed with nut butter and almonds
- Ricotta with 1 tbs of raw cacao powder and drizzle with honey
- Smoothies: blueberry, almond, cacao & raspberry, spirulina bowl, spinach & strawberry or tropical