Do you suffer with bloating? Bloating can be caused by the gases produced when we eat or drink and it can lead to visibly swollen stomach, discomfort or even pain.Luckily there are some simply ways how to overcome bloating and ease your tummy.
- Drink plenty of water (2-3 liters per day) or herbal tea.
- Cut out soft drinks and all carbonated beverages.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Add fibre to your diet. It helps prevent constipation and limit bloating. Eat your vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Instead of white bread prefer rye, sourdough or spelt bread.
Be careful with beans and lentils and certain fruits and vegetables such as prunes, apricots, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts which may cause gassiness and bloating.
Enjoy fermented foods like sauerkraut or miso soup which help maintain healthy bacteria.
- Eat slowly and smaller portions. Don’t overeat.
- Say no to all artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol, maltitol, xylitol etc. Sorbitol can’t be digest and it can create gas, bloating and may cause diarrhoea.
- Limit your dairy. If you are lactose intolerant milk sugar can be source of intestinal distress or bloating.
- Eat probiotics daily to add good bacteria.
- Cut out salty and fatty food.
- Move. Go for a walk, run or try yoga. Simple exercise may help move the gases through your system and ease your tummy.
Listen your body and pay attention how do you feel after certain meals. Your body is clever. Reveal the triggers of bloating and take care of yourself.